On a recent trip to Provence, I couldn’t miss the opportunity to head to Airelles La Bastide de Gordes. This Provencal palace is the embodiment of old-world French elegance and is truly one of a kind. With its stunning hanging gardens and breathtaking views, there’s no better place to get married or stay in Gordes Provence.
AIRELLES LA BASTIDE DE GORDES AT A GLANCE
- La Bastide de Gordes is part of Airelles, a chain of properties known for providing guests with the ultimate experience when it comes to luxury.
- This stunning Provence hotel and French destination wedding venue has 40 rooms. That’s 34 elegantly styled bedrooms, 6 majestic suites, and 1 private luxury villa. This property has the most picturesque panoramic view of the Luberon Valley from its hanging gardens. And as if that’s not enough to impress the most discerning guests, it also has world-class in-house spa facilities in their Sisley Spa.
- Airelles La Bastide de Gordes has 5 world-class restaurant and cafe options. There’s L’Orangerie, Clover Gordes, La Bastide des Pierres, Le Tigrr and Maison Laduree.
WEDDINGS AT AIRELLES LA BASTIDE DE GORDES
- La Bastide de Gordes can host weddings with up to 200 guests and can accommodate up to 90 persons in its 40 rooms. Couples have the option to partially or fully privatise La Bastide for their Provence destination wedding.
- There are several options when it comes to wedding and event spaces. For smaller gatherings, La Citadelle Restaurant & Terrace can host up to 90 guests. For bigger events, you can either go to L’Orangerie Restaurant & Terrace (up to 150 guests) or the Ballroom & Gardens (up to 180 guests). However, if you’re getting married during the summer, I’d recommend having it at the Gardens. This outdoor Provencale oasis can accommodate up to 200 of your family and closest friends.
- Looking for your dream wedding suite? La Suite Duc de Soubise is second to none. It sits at the top of La Bastide de Gordes and offers an idyllic private space to get ready for your wedding day and to spend your first night as a married couple.
- If you want to create the best destination wedding experience at La Bastide de Gordes, you can privatise the entire place. Privatisation includes all 34 rooms and 6 suites, all the dining spaces, and living areas, the Sisley Spa, panoramic terraces, the Gardens, and the Ballroom.
- Near sunset during the golden hour is the perfect time to get your wedding portraits taken. And when you’re getting married in Arielles Gordes, there’s no other better place to do this than at the Town Viewpoint at Route de Cavaillon. Make sure there’s enough time for you to head out of La Bastide and be in position as the light slowly dips into the horizon. Make the most of the Provencale golden hour with the beautiful Gordes village in your background.
Looking for the best photographer for your Airelles La Bastide de Gordes destination wedding? GET IN TOUCH and let’s start talking about your wedding plans.
ACCOMMODATION AT AIRELLES LA BASTIDE DE GORDES
There’s a touch of 18th-century French elegance in every corner of this stately home. Each space in the property and every room or suite is impeccably designed with historic antique pieces and curated works of art.
Airelles La Bastide de Gordes has 40 elegantly designed rooms, including 34 rooms and 6 suites. But for the ultimate luxury experience, La Maison de Constance is your little paradise in La Bastide de Gordes. Measuring 350 m2, it has five ensuite bedrooms, a private outdoor pool, a huge light-filled salon and dining room, several relaxation areas, luxury interiors styled with French antiques and its own 1000 m2 private garden with magnificent panoramic views of the Luberon Valley and Alpilles. This private villa can accommodate up to 10 people, perfect for your intimate Provence destination wedding.
AIRELLES LA BASTIDE DE GORDES RESTAURANTS AND CAFE
Airelles La Bastide de Gordes has 5 restaurant and cafe options both inside La Bastide and in the Gordes Village. If you’re staying at La Bastide or just happen to include Gordes in your Provence itinerary, it’s worth making a reservation at one of these restaurants or cafes.
Airelles Gordes Restaurant Options inside La Bastide
- If you’re a fan of Emily in Paris, then you’ll remember the episode where she goes to Provence. She dined with Gabriel at a beautiful restaurant called L’Esprit de Luberon. In real life, that restaurant is Clover Gordes. It’s the brainchild of Michelin-starred chef Jean-François Piège, one of France’s most famous chefs. The restaurant’s menu is focused on vegetables and grilled dishes. Dine at Clover Gordes if you expect to enjoy a delightful French meal made from the best local seasonal produce. Or if you simply want to live one of your Emily in Paris fantasies!
- There’s also the L’Orangerie, a Mediterranean restaurant that serves some of the best traditional Luberon cuisine. Dine under the Mulberry trees and enjoy the panoramic view of the Luberon Valley. Fancy a bit more after devouring your scrumptious meal? L’Orangerie, chef pâtissier, and chocolate expert Cédric Rivière will take care of your sweet cravings.
- If Asian cuisine is your thing, then Le-tigrr offers the best Asian Provencal fusion. Jérôme Foucaud offers choices influenced by Vietnamese, Thai, and Japanese cuisine. This multi-level restaurant also has a dance floor and a DJ if you want to party in the evening.
Airelles Gordes Restaurant Options in the Village
- As you venture into the Gordes Village, you’ll find La Bastide des Pierres, a traditional trattoria serving mouthwatering transalpine cuisine. La Bastide des Pierres is located just across the Gordes castle and is more casual. It’s perfect if you want something a little relaxed but authentically Italian.
- Who wouldn’t recognise the pretty little Maison Laduree at Place de Château? It’s only a few steps away from the Gordes village roundabout across the historic Gordes Castle. If you ask me, this is a perfect spot for enjoying afternoon tea. Bite into a macaron and drink a glass of champagne while people watching from its little grapevine-covered terrace.
HOW TO GET THERE
Airelles La Bastide de Gordes is at 61 Rue de la Combe 84220 Gordes. It’s 45m – 1hr away from Avignon City Centre or 1h – 1hr30m from Aix-en-Provence, depending on traffic and season. If you’re coming straight from Marseille Provence Airport, it might take you between 45m to 1h30mins.