Would you like to get married in a classic Georgian mansion house? If you answered yes to that, then you might want to consider Hedsor House. Not only is it one of the top wedding venues near London. It’s also an architectural masterpiece in its own right. This grand mansion is filled with the most charming function rooms carefully styled to preserve its period feel. It makes an excellent backdrop for weddings no matter what time of year. Convinced yet? Read on to find out more about this beautiful country house.
Hedsor House at a Glance
- The property’s architecture is quintessentially English and brimming with sophisticated design characteristics. It boasts of perfectly symmetrical features, imposing grey brick walls and intricate cornices throughout the property. Imagine yourself on the set of Downton Abbey (which unsurprisingly used Hedsor House as one of its filming locations).
- The Georgian house has several grand suites with sizeable windows that allow natural light to enter the rooms. It lends itself well to natural light photography, making you look your absolute best in all your wedding photos.
Luxury and Comfort at Your Fingertips
- Its proximity to London means that your guests will find it easy to look for accommodation and also arrange transportation. Besides, they can even fit a side trip to central London to visit the queen! It’s perfect not just for your dream UK destination wedding but also for everyone’s European vacation.
- Hedsor House is only 300 meters from St Nicholas’ Church which makes having a religious ceremony a breeze. Opting for a non-sectarian celebration won’t be a problem. This Georgian house can also easily accommodate civil ceremonies and blessings within its premises.
Your Own Private Georgian House
- The Shephard family owns and manages Hedsor House. That being the case, you can gain exclusive private access when you hire it for your wedding. Experience getting married and staying at your own English country home for twenty-four hours (or extend your stay for a whole weekend if you like).
- The wedding venue is available for both wet and dry hire. You can be as flexible as you like. Whether you want to be selective with the wedding suppliers or prefer to just sit back and relax, you can choose an option that will suit your needs.
Hedsor House by the Number
- The property has 43,000 sq ft of usable space surrounded by 100 acres of formal gardens and privately-owned parkland.
- It has 1 bridal suite and 12 additional double bedrooms.
- The main car park can fit 100 while the overflow car park can fit 50 more.
- It has 5 main function rooms with a capacity ranging from 12 to 200 pax.
For more detailed information about Hedsor House, please head over to their website at www.hedsor.com.